We can measure the runtime and check the performance of the program by using the transaction SE30. SAP Help on the Runtime Analysis using SE30.
Today we will elaborate the option to measure the performance of the specific part of the code using the SE30. This option would be helpful when we want to measure the performance of particular subroutine, FM, Select query etc. We have the option to start the runtime analysis and stop it on the fly by options System > Utilities > Runtime Analysis > Switch On and Switch Off.
When we reach at the breakpoint and we try to start the performance measurement by option Utilities > Runtime Analysis > Switch On, system would give the message as “The Particular units” option is not selected.
So, we need to select the option “Particular Units” in the measurement variant. To do this, we will copy this standard measurement variant to user specific variant and then select the option “Particular Units”.
To measure the performance:
1) Run SE30
2) Select this newly copied variant. Here we need to select User Defined variant.
3) Enter the required program / transaction and measure it
4) When it reaches to the breakpoint ON the measurement by System > Utilities > Runtime Analysis > Switch On
5) Press F8
6) When it reaches to the next breakpoint ON the measurement by System > Utilities > Runtime Analysis > Switch Off
7) After finishing the entire transaction, press the evaluate button to evaluate the performance of required code lines.
Runtime performance can be switched ON by enter /RON in the transaction box when it reaches to the desired breakpoint. Same way /ROFF could be used to switch off the performance measurement.